It’s favorites time! Now that it’s officially summer and things are heating up, I wanted to share some of the things I have been loving for summer and just in general lately.
On Cyber Monday, I bought a new bottle of Purity Made Simple facial Cleanser by Philosophy from Sephora. It was their $15 for 12oz. bottle; a pretty good value (although $5 more than it was in previous years).
In the checkout, I saw some super great holiday “rewards” from the Rewards Boutique for 250 points and 500 points. I know the rewards are limited quantities (did someone say Epic Rewards/ Epic Fail?), so decided to use my 3000+ points to redeem a few things.
Here is my Gift Guide Holiday 2015 with prices ranging from $6 to $96. These gifts are obviously things that I would love to receive, but also gifts that many people in your life would probably like to receive as well.
- Tea Infuser
- I’ve been loving loose leaf tea vs. tea bag tea. Better flavor and “more health benefits”… I love all the cute tea infusers too; this one is like a tea wand. ~$7.
- iPhone 6s case
- This phone case has a double barrier, plastic casing with water and glitter in between. Yes, glitter! It’s so pretty and sparkly. ~$13.
- Josie Maran – Argan Oil
- Obviously, Josie is on my list. Especially in the winter time, this argan oil is so hydrating and amazing with multiple uses — a little goes a long way. $96.
- Knitting is such a fun, and relaxing hobby. I love knitting (still working on that blanket!) and these colors are so bright and soft. ~$6.
- Starbucks Tumbler – Venti
- A good tumbler is a must-have for me. It really encourages me to drink water throughout the day and you can get new lids/straws to keep your tumbler fresh and exciting. ~$17.
- Creme De Rose – Dior Lip Balm
- This lip balm is so smooth but not sticky. Its hydrating and luxurious. I like to wear it at night as a “mask” and when I wake up, my lips are soft and revitalized. I love this during the winter time. $28.
- NEST Fragrances – Bamboo Reed Diffuser
- These NEST Fragrances are great for the home. I love how rich the oils are; the scent really permeates throughout the entire house. $42.
- FlowerBomb – Viktor & Rolf
- My favorite fragrance! I think this will be my signature scent forever; it’s very floral and delicious. Get a small size as a gift for your sister or bestie. $50.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills – Brow Wiz (Ebony)
- I love the Brow Wiz. It really helps me shape and define my eyebrows. I love the texture of the pencil and the spoolie at the other end lets me blend everything together for a natural, defined look. ~$23.
- Golden Wonder Bath Bomb – LUSH
- This lovely bath bomb makes your bath into a swirling, shimmering gold sea of warm unicorn magic. I love it. It’s perfect. Yes. $7.
- Essie – A List
- Super pretty red nail polish for the holidays. Nice stocking stuffer or a filler gift for your friends or yourself! $8.50.
- Doctor Who – Season 8
- I love Doctor Who. If you or your friend does too, give this DVD set or even just gift them on iTunes. *hums Doctor Who theme song* ~$55.
Don’t forget to wrap all of your gifts in Erin Condren gift wrap! The designer wrapping paper and labels all coordinate to make your gifts look extra special. Plus, get $10 off your Erin Condren purchase by creating an account through my link. Happy Holidays!
I recently picked up a few things from Sephora with my birthday gift cards and was super excited because I got a bunch of extra freebies and renewed my VIB Rouge status!
I purchased another bottle of the Purity cleanser by Philosophy. I really like how well it removes makeup and doesn’t leave my skin feeling dried out. I also bought the Lancome Regenerie Lift Multi-Action moisturizer — I use this as my morning moisturizer because it has SPF 15 and it is so smooth and hydrating. (It smells great too!).
This Bare Minerals Best in Show set was free with $35+ purchase, and I really like Bare Minerals. It comes with a duo eyeshade with Mixologist, a light shimmery pink, & Cognac, a gold bronzy color; Speak Your Mind, a rose colored lip stick; and Beauty, a rose colored mineral blush!
You know I love all of the Josie Maran products, so I also got this free, 5-day sample set. It has five sample pouches of the Argan Cleansing oil, which I’ve never tried but always wanted to; the 100% Pure Argan Oil (which I LOVE); and the new Argan Daily Moisturizer with SPF 47.
Since it was around my birthday, I also got the Sephora/Makeup Forever VIB Rouge birthday gift to really make this a true Sephora Haul. This little set comes with the MUFE Smokey Extravagant mascara, the MUFE Rouge Artist Natural lipstick in N9, and the MUFE Aqua Eyes eyeliner for VIB Rouge only.
I am super excited about everything I received! YAY SEPHORA!
This super cute set by Josie Maran is perfect for summer! The Argan Summer Hydrating Skin Savers set from QVC comes with the new formulation of the Daily Argan Moisturizer, the Light version of the signature Argan Oil, and the Argan Color Stick in the color Glow.
The light version of the Argan oil is super light and absorbs quickly into the skin. It’s described as having a semi matte finish and, compared to the regular version, it is more matte, but it’s still an oil. Since it is so light, it would be perfect for day time, wear in warmer months, or if you have oiler skin.
I love the Argan Color sticks; my favorite color is Dreamy Pink. This Color Stick is a beautiful pink with some silver shimmer/glitters. It can go on lips and cheeks and is a perfect travel item because of its multiple uses.
The new formulation of the Argan Daily Moisturizer is great and with SPF 47, perfect for summer or wearing year round. If you are a fan of the old formulation of the Daily Moisturizer, but aren’t sure about trying the new formulation, here is a quick comparison:
At first glance, both formulations look the same and smell similarly. Both are slightly more runny than traditional sunscreens. The new formulation is more like a traditional sunscreen in that, as you rub it in, it leaves a white residue. Both formulations absorb quickly, but you have to rub the new formulation in a little longer for it to absorb completely. This may be because it has a higher SPF (47 vs. 40).
The new formulation actually seems to hydrate the skin more than the older version and it smells great. I feel like it gives more sun protection and helps prep my skin for makeup. I love the new formulation and this amazing gift set!