As the end of the year gets closer, I like to set aside some time to reflect on the current year and start thinking about goals for the upcoming year. Of course you can set new goals for yourself at any time during the year, but there’s something significant about starting the year fresh and having a clean slate on January 1st. Here’s a look at what I do to set my goals for the new year, and my tips on how to achieve your goals:
I love blogging and getting to share things I love with so many people all over the world. The internet is so great because there is infinite information right at your fingertips, and so many people can contribute to and consume unique content. I love reading your blogs and learning from different people. When I create my own blog posts, I like to write about things I’m interested in and that I think other people would also find interesting/learn from. This post will go over how I plan blog posts using my Erin Condren LifePlanner.
I am so excited to start using my new planner! I love the Erin Condren Life Planners and always look forward to getting a new one and starting a new year. I ordered my 2017 Life Planner back in June and in just a few days (10 to be exact), I can start planning in it. If you are looking to buy your first Erin Condren Life Planner, create an account through my link for $10 off.
It’s almost a new year — 2016 is right around the corner! It’s the perfect time to start fresh and start thinking about a new planner to help you keep track of your goals and schedules. I absolutely love the Erin Condren Life Planner and I’ve been waiting patiently to finally start using my 2016 Erin Condren Life Planner!
There’s something really nice about beginning a new planner. I love the Erin Condren Life Planners because they are so colorful and fun. It’s easy to stay motivated and really use your planner when it is beautiful and exciting. I’ve lost motivation to use planners in the past and it ends up being a waste of a planner because the year is over and you can’t use it again. With Erin Condren Life Planners, each month is a fresh, new color and there are stickers included in the back of each planner that make you excited to plan and motivated to be organized.
I will be using the new, horizontal layout in my 2016 Life Planner for the first time and I can’t wait. You can read all about my 2016 Horizontal Layout Life Planner Review, but in this post, I wanted to share a few other “accessories” that I use to plan and to make my Life Planner more personalized and fun.
When you have a special event to attend, whether it be a birthday party, a graduation, a school dance, a wedding, or just a big date, you want to look your best.
Big Event Countdown!
- If you aren’t already, get into some kind of fitness routine. Exercise will help you feel healthy and energized. Nothing gives you that radiant glow like a healthy body, so go for a walk everyday or step it up and play a sport or go for a run. When your body is more fit and healthy, you’ll feel and look your best.
- Diet is key to looking and feeling great from the inside out. Be sure to get your fair share of fruits and vegetables, or try a fun juice cleanse! Don’t forget to drink plenty of water and avoid processed foods.
This is the time to knock out some of the easy things!
- Hair cut/color – If you’re in need of a cut or a trim, now is the time to do it. Freshly cut hair can sometimes look too harsh or you may not be used to styling it. Getting your cut or color done two weeks before the big day gives you time to get used to/fix your lovely locks.
- Plan your hair and makeup look. Don’t wait until the last minute; try out hairstyles and makeup looks that you’re curious about. Will you have your make up professionally done? You still will want to know the overall type of look you want. Practice makes perfect, so experiment and have fun. Once you have the look you love, take a picture. You will want to refer to it leading up to your big day.
- Plan your outfit! Just like with your hair, make sure you have your entire outfit ready (accessories included); if not, now is a good time to grab a friend and get some inspiration from your favorite store (or even you friend’s closet).
Getting so close to the event! So exciting!
- Eyebrow waxing! If you’ve never gotten your eyebrows waxed at a Benefit Brow Bar, I definitely recommend it. Waxing your eyebrows professionally will ensure the perfect shape for your face and help define your features. If you have any redness or bumps, it’ll have gone by the big day.
- Face masks will help exfoliate the skin and even skin tone. Try the GlamGlow SuperMud or TingleExfoliate for amazing results. Repeat every few days for super glowy skin.
- Finalize your outfit, hair, and makeup. Make sure you have everything you need to walk out the door to your special event.
- Deep-condition your hair. Using a 5 minute hair mask can help your hair feel soft and look shiny.
- Lips scrub & condition your lips. I love the Fresh Sugar Scrub with the Dior Creme de Rose lip balm.
- Manicure/Pedicure. Freshly painted nails will really pull the look together. I like to get a pedicure at a salon because it’s super relaxing and I love the fun designs & colors to choose from but I usually like to do my manicure with my Sephora Gel Shine kit. French manicures are my go-to for any special event.
- Teeth whitening is an easy way to brighten your look. I really like the Crest whitening strips because they are quick and do a great job brightening your smile.
- Biore pore strips can help to remove stubborn blackheads and reduce pore appearance. I like to exfoliate and then wash like usual with my Clarisonic Mia before using the pore strips.
- Face mask/ spot treatment. Target any blemishes with a soothing acne gel. I really like the Grease Lightening Cleanser from Lush. Or just dab on a small amount of any face mask onto troublesome spots.
- Double check that you have everything you’ll need for the event; from head to toe.
The Big Day
- Shave your legs and moisturize. Soft and smooth skin will help you feel great on the big day
- Don’t forget the deodorant! The final stages of getting picture perfect for your special event can cause you to sweat and stress, but with a good deodorant/antipersperant, and least you’ll smell great and feel fresh.
- Prep your skin. Primers and serums are your best friend. They’ll help your makeup stay put and keep your skin looking bright.
- Use a makeup setting spray like the Urban Decay All Nighter.
- A splash of your favorite perfume is all you need before you walk out the door!
You’re all set for your special day! Let me know your tips for getting picture perfect for your big event in the comments or tag me in a picture on Instagram (@muffinchanel). I’d love to see all of your looks!