I’ve never been out shopping on Black Friday (it looks too crazy for me), but I did place a couple of orders online and I wanted to share what I bought.
The Urban Decay Naked 3 palette is out
sold out already on UrbanDecay.com and will be available at Ulta and Sephora in December (the manager at my local Sephora invited me to the “release party” for the Naked 3 on in-store December 11 & online by December 6), but I won’t be purchasing it. The internet is abuzz with excitement about the “rose gold” themed palette, and sure the colors are pretty, but the Naked 2 will always have my heart.
I have the original Naked palette and it’s nice, but I love all of the colors in the Naked 2. The Naked 2 is what the original palette should have been; the perfect blend of neutrals with some awesome shimmer colors. With a wider range of colors, from a light matte cream to a dark matte black, Naked 2 stays true to its taupe-y base.
- Foxy (cream bisque with matte finish)
- Half Baked (golden-bronze with shimmering finish
- Booty Call (shimmering cork)
- Chopper (copper shimmer with silver microglitter)
- Tease (creamy pale brown with matte finish)
- Snake Bite (dark bronze shimmer with metallic base)
- Suspect (pale golden beige with shimmering finish)
- Pistol (light gray-brown with shimmering finish)
- Verve (oyster with shimmering finish)
- YDK (cool bronze shimmer with metallic base)
- Busted (deep brown with shimmering finish)
- Blackout (blackest black with matte finish)
You can never go wrong with a neutral look. Every one of the Naked 2 colors is amazing for every skin tone. The original palette had random blue and greys that didn’t look quite right on me, but the Naked 2 is perfect in every way. I use my Naked 2 every day and I will repurchase it when it’s gone.
The Naked 3 palette seems a little too pink for my liking. How many pink looks can you create before it’s too much pink? (Can there be too much pink?) I’m just not a pink eyeshadow person. I wear a lot of earth tones — browns and greens — and the Naked 2 compliments every look.
The reason I won’t be buying the Naked 3 palette? The Naked 2 palette already has me covered; I don’t need anything else. 🙂
If you are more interested the Naked 3 palette, check out these swatches by Musings Of A Muse, or this review by Phyrra, or this review by Temptilia. Whatever Naked palette you are interested in, it’s sure to deliver Urban Decay’s highly pigmented shadows that are soft and easy to blend.
Is the Naked 3 palette on your holiday wish list? Let me know what your favorite Naked palette is in the comments! ❤