The year is almost over so I’ve put together a round up of my 2016 favorites! I’ve loved so many things this year and I’ve split them up into Beauty, Entertainment, and Lifestyle!
Winter is almost here! I love the change in season and the cooler weather. In the winter, I do my night time routine a little differently. With it getting darker earlier and the cold, dry air, I’ve switched it up a little. Here’s a look at my winter night time routine:
It’s my birthday month! Each year I like to make a list of some things I’d love for my birthday. This time I’ve broken it up in to three different categories: Makeup/Skincare, Tech, and Extras.
If this year is like years past, Sephora will be having their 15% off Spring Sale for VIB Rouge in the next few weeks. — UPDATE: VIB Rouge 15% off event is April 7th through 13th (online promo code: ROUGENOTE). I’ve gone to the in-store events for the last few years and they’ve each been really cool. Check out my experience at the Spring Social event or the Beauty Before Brunch event from the past couple years.
This year, I already have my cart filled and ready to go so I thought I’d share what’s on my wishlist!
When you have a special event to attend, whether it be a birthday party, a graduation, a school dance, a wedding, or just a big date, you want to look your best.
Big Event Countdown!
- If you aren’t already, get into some kind of fitness routine. Exercise will help you feel healthy and energized. Nothing gives you that radiant glow like a healthy body, so go for a walk everyday or step it up and play a sport or go for a run. When your body is more fit and healthy, you’ll feel and look your best.
- Diet is key to looking and feeling great from the inside out. Be sure to get your fair share of fruits and vegetables, or try a fun juice cleanse! Don’t forget to drink plenty of water and avoid processed foods.
This is the time to knock out some of the easy things!
- Hair cut/color – If you’re in need of a cut or a trim, now is the time to do it. Freshly cut hair can sometimes look too harsh or you may not be used to styling it. Getting your cut or color done two weeks before the big day gives you time to get used to/fix your lovely locks.
- Plan your hair and makeup look. Don’t wait until the last minute; try out hairstyles and makeup looks that you’re curious about. Will you have your make up professionally done? You still will want to know the overall type of look you want. Practice makes perfect, so experiment and have fun. Once you have the look you love, take a picture. You will want to refer to it leading up to your big day.
- Plan your outfit! Just like with your hair, make sure you have your entire outfit ready (accessories included); if not, now is a good time to grab a friend and get some inspiration from your favorite store (or even you friend’s closet).
Getting so close to the event! So exciting!
- Eyebrow waxing! If you’ve never gotten your eyebrows waxed at a Benefit Brow Bar, I definitely recommend it. Waxing your eyebrows professionally will ensure the perfect shape for your face and help define your features. If you have any redness or bumps, it’ll have gone by the big day.
- Face masks will help exfoliate the skin and even skin tone. Try the GlamGlow SuperMud or TingleExfoliate for amazing results. Repeat every few days for super glowy skin.
- Finalize your outfit, hair, and makeup. Make sure you have everything you need to walk out the door to your special event.
- Deep-condition your hair. Using a 5 minute hair mask can help your hair feel soft and look shiny.
- Lips scrub & condition your lips. I love the Fresh Sugar Scrub with the Dior Creme de Rose lip balm.
- Manicure/Pedicure. Freshly painted nails will really pull the look together. I like to get a pedicure at a salon because it’s super relaxing and I love the fun designs & colors to choose from but I usually like to do my manicure with my Sephora Gel Shine kit. French manicures are my go-to for any special event.
- Teeth whitening is an easy way to brighten your look. I really like the Crest whitening strips because they are quick and do a great job brightening your smile.
- Biore pore strips can help to remove stubborn blackheads and reduce pore appearance. I like to exfoliate and then wash like usual with my Clarisonic Mia before using the pore strips.
- Face mask/ spot treatment. Target any blemishes with a soothing acne gel. I really like the Grease Lightening Cleanser from Lush. Or just dab on a small amount of any face mask onto troublesome spots.
- Double check that you have everything you’ll need for the event; from head to toe.
The Big Day
- Shave your legs and moisturize. Soft and smooth skin will help you feel great on the big day
- Don’t forget the deodorant! The final stages of getting picture perfect for your special event can cause you to sweat and stress, but with a good deodorant/antipersperant, and least you’ll smell great and feel fresh.
- Prep your skin. Primers and serums are your best friend. They’ll help your makeup stay put and keep your skin looking bright.
- Use a makeup setting spray like the Urban Decay All Nighter.
- A splash of your favorite perfume is all you need before you walk out the door!
You’re all set for your special day! Let me know your tips for getting picture perfect for your big event in the comments or tag me in a picture on Instagram (@muffinchanel). I’d love to see all of your looks!