We recently went to Carmel for my birthday and we had the best time. I wanted to do a Travel Diary about our trip and our experience! ❤
I love taking pictures! I have a point and shoot camera that I like to use for blog pictures, but lately I’ve been using my iPhone since I always have it with me and it’s easy to quickly take & edit a picture. Check out my most recent Instagram pics on the side. —————->
And with these lenses that I got for my birthday last year, I can take some really cool photos.
The lenses just pop on and off to change them out, but the magnet is strong enough to keep it in place as you compose your picture. I keep the lenses in a small pouch in my purse, so it can be a little awkward to try and whip out a lens for some split second photo op. But to me, it’s just like changing the lens of a DSLR. When I’m having a photoshoot (of some flowers, or my newest makeup, or pretty scenery), I definitely use these lenses to get the best shot!
Macro (my favorite)
You can get these lenses online. They have two new lenses (super fisheye and polarizer) that come with the complete set for $99. Or you can buy each lens individually — they range from $15-$30. I love them!
It’s still snowing in some parts of the US, but in just a few days it will officially be spring! Which means that, for some of you, Spring Break is here or is just around the corner!
As you dig your bikinis and flip flops out of storage, it’s important to remember these Spring Break Beauty Tips whether you’re going to Cancun or hanging out with your family by the beach!
1. Drink plenty of water. Water is your best friend. It’s important to stay hydrated especially when out in the sun for extended periods of time. But also, if you’ll be traveling for your break, nothing will help your body acclimate faster than staying nice and hydrated.
2. Give your skin a break + let it breathe a little during your vacation. Try out some “no make up” looks if you choose to wear makeup. Otherwise, go for a natural sunscreen + chapstick only dewy look.
3. Try a fresh and fruity cleanser. Clean & Clear has this oil free pink grapefruit foaming scrub. I love the way this cleanser smells; so clean and fruity! It’s awesome and has these gentle exfoliating beads that help smooth away rough spots. It also contains salicylic acid which helps clear my skin up!
4. Use Sunscreen. Lots of it. Everyone wants to come back from spring break with a nice healthy glow, but be mindful about how long you’re in the sun. Sunburns are serious so apply a UVA/UVB sunscreen often and wear a hat or stay in a partially shaded area. Make sure to use it on your face and body.
5. Try some no-heat hair styles. If you’ll be in the sun but out of the water, opt for some fun braided, no-heat hairstyles. Braids are a soft, feminine way to keep your hair out of your face while giving you a nice, put-together but beachy look.
6. Try some new hair ties! Hold your braids together with cute, fun hair ribbons. If you haven’t used these ribbon hair ties before, definitely give them a try. They prevent breakage and come in a variety of colors. Check out some of the different varieties: here, here, and here.
7. Lock in the moisture in your hair. The sun + chlorinated or salty water can dry out your hair. If you’ll be in and out of water, try first to wet your hair and coat the ends with conditioner to lock in moisture.
8. Exfoliate. Pre, during, and post Spring Break. Exfoliating is the best way to keep your skin super soft and vacation ready. Before you embark on your journey, exfoliating will help you apply sunless tanning lotion evenly and prevent streaking. During your excursion, exfoliating will keep your skin from peeling or flaking from being out in the sun. And once you’re back home, it will help keep you looking glowy and fresh! I like to use the brown sugar and oatmeal body scrub from the San Francisco Bath Salt Company.
9. Get a Mani/Pedi. Nothing says Spring Break more than fun bright nail color! I like neon and bright pink nail polishes. Bright nail color can help you look extra tan. I really like Collide by Ilamasqua.
10. Hydrate your skin with an After Sun Lotion. I really like this lotion from Hawaiian Tropic it has aloe and feels nice and cooling on your skin after a long day in the sun. Your skin will thank you.
What are your plans for Spring Break? Share your Beauty Tips in the comments!